Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Creations

So lately I have been pretty busy making some gifts for Christmas. This past Sunday we celebrated Christmas with my family, so I can now post what I have been working on.

This year I decided to make blankets for my little brother and sister. They are simple, but I love this kind of blanket to snuggle up in. Myles and his mom made me one of these blankets one year for Christmas and I have loved it ever since. I think everyone needs a huge blanket to be all wrapped up in! And these blankets are huge. They are over 7 feet long... Caleb and Lindsey's toes will never be cold!

All you need is...
2 peices of 2.5 yards (I like to make them real big) of your favorite fleece material.
2 packets of blanket ribbon...Im not sure what it is technically called, but it is the kind that is pre folded
Thread that matches your ribbion
Pins
Sewing machine

Directions:
Lay the 2 peices of fabric out, on top of one another, and pin them together
Sew the edges together
Pin the ribbion around the edges
Sew the ribbion to the blanket

It is not a difficult project at all, but working with this much material does take sometime! And patience when you are in a small apartment, haha.

Hear are the pictures of the finished products...

Caleb's Blanket:






Lindsey's Blanket:







 A few more pictures from Sunday....


Madalynn and her Lindsey


Madalynn opening the first present


Andrew and Caleb playing miniture pool



One of the headbands I made for Madalynn...I meant to take pictures of all of them, but I only got a pic of this one. I made it from some of the scraps left over from Lindsey's blanket.



Leah!
 We all had to wait to open gifts until she got off work. We were all happy to see her!

Myles and I 
:-)

We had a great Round 1 of Christmas! It is always so fun to be with my whole family!


2 comments:

Melberry said...

FANTASTIC JOB, KATY! You are soooooo creative, and it looks like you had fun doing all your projects. :)

Unknown said...

Just to let you know that Madalynn thinks that the headband that you made for her (the one with the blue flowe) is her princess headband! Lol it is so funny to watch her playing. She loves all of her headbans and so do I!