Friday, October 7, 2011

Artsy Fartsy Friday- Home Making

Lately, all of my artsy, creative, and painting skills have all been going towards making our house a home. However, we did recently make a piece of art for our guest bedroom. I saw this idea on pinterest and loved it! I initially wanted to make the pallet board art and paint the word "art" on it to hang over my art desk, but we have recently been working on our guest room, and I thought it would go better in there.

Pallet board reassembled and ready for paint!

Finished product hanging up!

I love it! 

I have to give most of the credit for this project to Myles. He is the one who did all the hard work of disassembling and reassembling the pallet board. I did hammer a couple of nails, but beside that all I did was paint "love" on it.

I really love the way it turned out! I think the wood looks so neat and has so much character. Thanks for making my project possible, Myles! And thanks pinterest for the great ideas!


No comments: