Monday, September 12, 2011

Eli's Room- Bumper pad

Since we have moved and gotten semi settled, I thought it was time to start working on Eli's bedding. Especially since he has been sleeping in his room for a while now and hits his head on the crib railing and sticks his arms and legs out though the spaces. Yep, it was time to get that boy a bumper pad before he got himself stuck!

When I was pregnant looking at nursery decor, different bumper pads/ baby bedding, and such, I decided I would make my own. The ones I found that I like were on pottery barn's website, and I thought they were a little pricy. So I thought, I'll just make it myself...no big deal right? Well of corse, I can't do the simple thing and just find one fabric I like and make the bumper pad from that...no I decide that several different fabrics in stripes would be cute. And it is cute. But it took forever!! By the time I was about done piecing the stripes together, I thought whatever price pottery barn asked for their bumper pad and other baby bedding was sounded pretty good....but I had to press on and finish!

I am almost done, I just have to sew the ends and add the button straps to hold it in place. I think it turned out pretty cute! Eli loves all the colors!









No comments: